Friday, May 12, 2006By Stan Garfield, HP
My Yahoo! now supports the various flavors of RSS and Atom, allowing you to add virtually anything to your page. This is a good way to monitor news and blogs from a single web site. For more information, see My Yahoo!
The following links are for KM blogs and web sites which offer RSS feeds. The first link is to the web site, and the second is either the URL to use for the RSS feed (with RSS, copy and paste this into your reader), or a web site containing multiple RSS feeds from which to choose (with feeds, visit the site and copy the link you prefer).
1. Patti Anklam - Networks, Complexity, and Relatedness http://www.byeday.net/weblog/networkblog.htmlRSS http://www.byeday.net/weblog/rss.xml
2. Tom Davenport, Larry Prusak & Don Cohen - Babson College http://www.babsonknowledge.org/RSS http://www.babsonknowledge.org/atom.xml
3. Steve Denning - The Leader's Guide to Storytelling http://stevedenning.typepad.comRSS http://stevedenning.typepad.com/steve_denning/index.rdf
4. Stan Garfield - line56.com KM Blog http://www.line56.com/blogs/contributor_index.asp?ContributorID=1RSS http://feeds.feedburner.com/Line56comE-businessBlogs
5. Denham Grey - Knowledge-at-work http://denham.typepad.com/km/RSS http://denham.typepad.com/km/index.rdf
6. June Holley, Valdis Krebs & Jack Ricchiuto - Network Weaving http://www.networkweaving.com/blog/RSS http://www.networkweaving.com/blog/atom.xml
7. Joitske Hulsebosch - Communities of practice for development http://joitskehulsebosch.blogspot.com/RSS http://feeds.feedburner.com/CommunitiesOfPracticeForDevelopment
8. Bill Ives - Portals and KM http://billives.typepad.com/portals_and_km/RSS http://billives.typepad.com/portals_and_km/index.rdf
9. Thomas Koulopoulos - Smartsourcing http://tlb.typepad.com/RSS http://tlb.typepad.com/ss/index.rdf
10. Patrick Lambe, Edgar Tan & Paolina Martin - Green Chameleon http://greenchameleon.com/RSS http://www.greenchameleon.com/feeds/rss/
11. John Maloney - KM Blogs Colabria http://kmblogs.com/public/blog/85436RSS http://kmblogs.com/public/rss/85436
12. Dave Pollard - How to Save the World http://blogs.salon.com/0002007/RSS http://blogs.salon.com/0002007/rss.xml
13. Andrew Rixon, Mark Schenk, and Shawn Callahan - Anecdote http://www.anecdote.com.au/RSS http://feeds.feedburner.com/Anecdote
14. Luis Suarez - E L S U A ~ A KM Blog http://www.elsua.net/RSS http://www.elsua.net/feed/
15. Luis Suarez - elsua: The Knowledge Management Blog http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/km/elsua/RSS http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/km/elsua/index.xml
16. Dinesh Tantri - Organic KM http://dineshtantri.blogspot.com/RSS http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/organickm
17. Jack Vinson - Knowledge Jolt with Jack http://blog.jackvinson.com/RSS http://blog.jackvinson.com/atom.xml
18. Kaye Vivian - Dove Lane http://dove-lane.com/RSS http://dove-lane.com/?feed=rss2
19. Ron Webb - APQC's Knowledge Management Blog http://apqckm.blogspot.com/RSS http://apqckm.blogspot.com/atom.xml
20. David Weinberger - Joho the Blog http://www.hyperorg.com/blogger/index.htmlRSS http://www.hyperorg.com/blogger/index.rdf
1. CIO KM Research Center http://www.cio.com/research/knowledge/RSS: http://www2.cio.com/search/rss/feed22.xml
2. Gurteen http://www.gurteen.com/gurteen/gurteen.nsf/RSS: http://www.gurteen.com/gurteen/gurteen.nsf/id/gurteen-klog.xml
3. ITtoolbox KM Knowledge Base http://knowledgemanagement.ittoolbox.com/Feeds: http://knowledgemanagement.ittoolbox.com/subscriptions/feeds.asp
4. KnowledgeBoard http://www.knowledgeboard.com/index.htmlFeeds: http://www.knowledgeboard.com/rss/index.html
5. KNOW Networkhttp://www.knowledgebusiness.com/Feeds: http://www.knowledgebusiness.com/knowledgebusiness/Templates/RssTemplate.aspx
~~~~~ .. ~~~~~
Wednesday, May 03, 2006Knowledge key to future of work
By Kate Clifton
Knowledge workers will be organisations’ most valuable source of competitive advantage by 2020, according to a wide-reaching report on the company of the future, by the Economist Intelligence Unit (sponsored by Cisco Systems).
Whether in outward-facing functions, such as sales, or internal positions like knowledge management, survey respondents cited these individuals as key to organisational success.
"Relationships, knowledge management and creativity will be essential to gaining and sustaining competitive advantage in core markets over the next 15 years," claims the report, ‘Foresight 2020 Economic, industry and corporate trends’.
It also recommends that organisations practice more systematic monitoring and measuring of creativity and innovation through service audits; invest in business-intelligence tools to help develop customer-specific sales and servicing strategies; and, re-think recognition and compensation systems that reward creativity and exceptional customer service.
"Customers are looking for a higher level of interactivity and personalisation," says Rob Lloyd, senior vice president of Cisco’s US and Canadian operations. "To be successful, companies have to invest in workers and technologies that can drive collaboration and interactions inside and outside the company across the entire value chain of customers, partners and suppliers."
Furthermore, although increased process automation remains a prominent focus for productivity growth, particularly in non-services industries, respondents expect to focus more energy on improving organisational structures and communication.
The report was drawn from a global, online survey of senior executives, a series of in-depth interviews with executives, analysts and policy-makers, and the Economist Intelligence Unit’s proprietary long-term economic forecasts for the world’s major economies.
For full details, visit: www.eiu.com/foresight2020.
~~~~~ .. ~~~~~
If you interested in content, please contact the Writer: Rusnita Saleh :